Realtime signal detection and feedback for in vivo and in vitro systems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Realtime signal detection and feedback for in vivo and in vitro systems

Post  sunj on Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Dear Sirs

I would like to know more about "Realtime signal detection and feedback for
in vivo and
in vitro
systems
". That is highlighted on the newsletter of Multi Channel Systems at the SFN in Chicago.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Sunj

sunj

Posts : 6
Join date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realtime signal detection and feedback for in vivo and in vitro systems

Post  ThomasMCS on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:25 am

Dear Sunj,

this new technology is currently exclusively presented at SFN in Chicago.
However, here just a few basics about the concept:
It is a new feature based on our new USB data acquisition hardware and
the next generation MC_Rack software enabling you to extract spike- and
burst rate parameters and apply stimuli based on the results of the analyzed
data.

More details will be coming soon. We will keep you updated!

Thomas

ThomasMCS

Posts : 71
Join date : 2008-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

May I know some more details on this subject?

Post  brooks on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:36 am

Dear Thomas,

Would you please share that with us? Thank you very much!


Best regards,
Jiangbo "Brooks" Pu


ThomasMCS wrote:Dear Sunj,

this new technology is currently exclusively presented at SFN in Chicago.
However, here just a few basics about the concept:
It is a new feature based on our new USB data acquisition hardware and
the next generation MC_Rack software enabling you to extract spike- and
burst rate parameters and apply stimuli based on the results of the analyzed
data.

More details will be coming soon. We will keep you updated!

Thomas

brooks

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 32
Location : Wuhan

View user profile http://bmp.hust.edu.cn/

Back to top Go down

Real Time Feedback...

Post  ThomasMCS on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:16 pm

Dear Jiangbo,

With the next MC_Rack release (4.0) you will be able to unlock a new feature of the USB data acquisition.
The idea is basically to bypass Windows and the PC altogether in closed feedback loops.
So a lot of signal processing will take place in a processor unit integrated into the USB DAQ. This includes
filtering, spike detection, triggering and sending out TTL pulses to trigger the STG or other devices.

In the moment we are still playing around with internal versions, but it is amazing how fast that works.

I hope you will see the official release soon, but right now we need a bit more time for testing & bugfixing

Thomas

ThomasMCS

Posts : 71
Join date : 2008-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realtime signal detection and feedback for in vivo and in vitro systems

Post  brooks on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Dear Thomas,


Thank you! It is really a great news. However, we are using a relatively out-dated MC-Card (compared to USBME system). Sadly, I guess we could not use this feature. Does MC-Rack 4.0 support the old styled MC-Card to do closed feedback loops? In addition, I really wish MC-Rack can support something like user scripts.

p.s. Would you please take a look at this "Programming with MC-Card / STG 200X / MEA1060-BC" (http://multichannelsystems.forumieren.de/software-f15/programming-with-mc-card-stg-200x-mea1060-bc-t234.htm). I'm sorry for raising those questions for too many times. But we are very eagar for your reply. Thank you very much indeed!


Best regards,
Jiangbo


ThomasMCS wrote:Dear Jiangbo,

With the next MC_Rack release (4.0) you will be able to unlock a new feature of the USB data acquisition.
The idea is basically to bypass Windows and the PC altogether in closed feedback loops.
So a lot of signal processing will take place in a processor unit integrated into the USB DAQ. This includes
filtering, spike detection, triggering and sending out TTL pulses to trigger the STG or other devices.

In the moment we are still playing around with internal versions, but it is amazing how fast that works.

I hope you will see the official release soon, but right now we need a bit more time for testing & bugfixing

Thomas

brooks

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 32
Location : Wuhan

View user profile http://bmp.hust.edu.cn/

Back to top Go down

Re: Realtime signal detection and feedback for in vivo and in vitro systems

Post  ThomasMCS on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Dear Jiangbo,

I have talked to Peter regarding your other request.
He will have a look at it soon.

You are right, that feature will not work with the MC_Card...May be itīs time to write a grant again

Thomas

ThomasMCS

Posts : 71
Join date : 2008-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank you

Post  brooks on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:28 am

Thank you!

Maybe I have to work harder and persuade my advisor to buy me your new toy(s) ...

A little question (not about the APIs this time ), could we make our homemade tool opensource? Is that appropriate? (I am wondering if it concerns any copyright issues of MCS.)

p.s. Which way do you prefer next time when another question hit my head? The forum or the emails?


ThomasMCS wrote:Dear Jiangbo,

I have talked to Peter regarding your other request.
He will have a look at it soon.

You are right, that feature will not work with the MC_Card...May be itīs time to write a grant again

Thomas

brooks

Posts : 26
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 32
Location : Wuhan

View user profile http://bmp.hust.edu.cn/

Back to top Go down

Re: Realtime signal detection and feedback for in vivo and in vitro systems

Post  ThomasMCS on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Dear Jiangbo,

you are always welcome to use the forum- However if topics are not really interesting for others, I suggest you just send us a mail either to support@multichannelsystems.com or to me directly.

I do not see any issues from our side to make your software tool open source. It is your tool and our instruments are built for flexible use and individual programming - so please feel free to share your work with others.

Greetings

Thomas

ThomasMCS

Posts : 71
Join date : 2008-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realtime signal detection and feedback for in vivo and in vitro systems

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum