Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STG 2004 and MC Stimulus II using Windows 7

3 posters

Go down

STG 2004 and MC Stimulus II using Windows 7 Empty STG 2004 and MC Stimulus II using Windows 7

Post  franz222 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Has anyone successfully installed / and used MC Stimulus II under Windows 7? I get it to install without problems (MC Stimulus II Version 3.2.1 so the newest from the homepage). But it seems to not recognize the STG 2004 under Windows 7. Interestingly I can see the Serial Number of the STG via MC Stimulus, and the STG2004 is also recognized by Windows 7 as an USB-Device (which also says Stimulus Generator), but I do not get the ability to "Connect" to the STG 2004 (the entire section of the STG like download, run etc. is greyed out, as if the device is not connected, but it shows the serial number of the STG, so somehow "semi" connected).

Any prospects when we can expect a working Windows 7 version of MC Stimulus II and probably drivers for the STG2004 that work? Or is it only me that has this problem? (It works correct under Windows XP).

Of course I am aware of the fact, that it says Windows XP or 2000 as a required OS, but I think more and more people are moving to Windows 7 - so having it working under this OS would be great...

PS: Just found a user that is using MC stimulus II under Windows 7 and seems to have a similar problem with an older version of MC stimulus:

https://multichannelsystems.forumieren.de/software-f15/reporting-a-bug-in-stimulus-ii-311-t212.htm

this "bug" was reported on Nov 5th 2009, so I hope your programmers have in the meantime found a fix for this under windows 7. However it seems that the bug is still there in version 3.2.1.

franz222

Back to top Go down

STG 2004 and MC Stimulus II using Windows 7 Empty Re: STG 2004 and MC Stimulus II using Windows 7

Post  ThomasMCS Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:44 am

Dear Franz,

I brought this issue again to the attention of our software engineers.
I asked my colleague to reply you here directly in the forum.

Greetings

Thomas

ThomasMCS

Back to top Go down

STG 2004 and MC Stimulus II using Windows 7 Empty Re: STG 2004 and MC Stimulus II using Windows 7

Post  Jens Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 am

There was a bug for 64bit systems. The new version 3.2.2 with the fix was just put on our web page

http://www.multichannelsystems.com/downloads

There is a mistake in the documentation. Windows2000 is no longer supported. We support Windows XP, Vista and 7. The issue was with 64bit that is becoming more and more popular.

Jens

Jens

http://www.multichannelsystems.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down