Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the amplifier of the multi-channel system ac couple

Go down

Is the amplifier of the multi-channel system ac couple Empty Is the amplifier of the multi-channel system ac couple

Post  mcs Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum and apologize if my question is too basic. Anyways, I am recording extracellular retinal ganglion cell spikes with the MEA system. I notice that my field potentials (ERGs) are too narrow in time, and there is no drift in my signal either, which I would expect. So, is there a preamplifier built in that is a high pass (perhaps at 1-2 Hz) etc? to eliminate this drift? If there is, is there a way to get the 'original' signal?

Thank you very much for the help,
Muhammad

mcs

Back to top Go down

Is the amplifier of the multi-channel system ac couple Empty Re: Is the amplifier of the multi-channel system ac couple

Post  mcs Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:47 pm

Hello Muhammad,
every MEA amplifier has a build in bandpass, a typical setting is 10Hz to 3kHz, but you may have something different. If you tell us your amplifiers serial number we can give you the exact specification. However, this filter is hardwired and can not be changed easily.

Best regards Frank (MCS)

mcs

Back to top Go down