Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

velocity/latency plot and spike duration for each channel

2 posters

Go down

velocity/latency plot and spike duration for each channel Empty velocity/latency plot and spike duration for each channel

Post  banachlab Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi,

I am using the Cardio2D (v. 2.0.2) and Cardio2D+ analyzer (v.2.0.2.0) to record and analyze MEA data. I'm trying to analyze the inter-beat interval (IBI/R-R interval) between the beats in each channel in the MEA recording but I'm having difficulties in getting individual frequency data for each channel. The velocity plot gives you the time of each beat and velocity corresponding to that beat (in two columns when I extract the data) for the entire recording (in my case 40 secs recording duration). I would like the same plot for all the channels (I use 200*30 - MEA) so that I can calculate the IBI/R-R interval variability between each channel in the MEA.

Also, I'm trying to calculate the spike duration of all the spikes in each channel. We have done some experiments till now, and we are wanting to find the spike duration for all the spikes recording in the time interval recorded (in my case 40secs recording) in the individual channels.

I will be very grateful if you could let me know how these two things could be analyzed from the MEA recorded RAW data.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Shwetha

banachlab

Back to top Go down

velocity/latency plot and spike duration for each channel Empty a workaround...

Post  Thomas Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:23 am

Dear Shwetha,

I already talked to our software guys. they are continously working on new features and agreedm that the features you suggested would be very helpfull. So let´s keep fingers crossed we will see thios in one of the future releases.

In the meantime, you can access all that information in the c2r file.
You will find all analysed parameters in a table. MaxTS="1213200" indicates timestamp in µs.

the Channel ID <ChID>0</ChID> is the software ID of the channel. Sp just add 1 to obtain the hardware ID. then refer to the MEA electrode layout to obtain the electrode lable displayed in the GUI of C2D (green map on the left hand side).

Below is an exempt of what you will find for every heartbeat & every channel:
<NaPeak MaxAmp="3634408" MaxTS="1213200" MinAmp="-3566017" MinTS="1213550" SlopeAtAmp="-827546" SlopeAtTS="1213400" Slope="-35.79278" />

As you see you have timestamps for maximum, minimum and amximum rise time.

I hope that helps

Thomas

Thomas

Back to top Go down

velocity/latency plot and spike duration for each channel Empty Thanks

Post  banachlab Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks very much for the information. Any idea when the feature I had asked for will be released in the future versions?

Is there any other way I can get to know the IBI for each channel by exporting and analyzing it using some other software?

Sincerely,
Shwetha

banachlab

Back to top Go down

velocity/latency plot and spike duration for each channel Empty Re: velocity/latency plot and spike duration for each channel

Post  Thomas Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:34 am

Dear Shwetha,

as of now, I can not provide you with a relaible timeline if and when these features will be added to C2D.

There is no data export comparable to MC_DataTool for MC_Rack available for Cardio2D. So please extract the data from the result file as suggested.

If your analysis requirements involve more flexibility, you might want to consider doing recordings with MC_Rack and do all mapping and detailed analysis e.g. in Matlab.

Thomas

Thomas

Back to top Go down

velocity/latency plot and spike duration for each channel Empty Re: velocity/latency plot and spike duration for each channel

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down