Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to test if all electrodes MEAs are working or if the MEA is good to be used or should be discarded

2 posters

Go down

How to test if all electrodes MEAs are working or if the MEA is good to be used or should be discarded Empty How to test if all electrodes MEAs are working or if the MEA is good to be used or should be discarded

Post  DiSh Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Dear Manager,

I would like to know how do I check if I can still use a particular MEA or Not

The MEA´s in my lab have been at 4´c since one year and I wish to know the shelf life of the chips.

I have tried checking the impedance of all my MEAs , which give a reading around 107-140 average

In some MEAs the reading is more even of around, 112 for all the electrodes.

How do I know If I can still use the chips or no?

(I have tried to clean MEAs by Tera E Zyme , Autoclave and plasma cleaning also post which I checked the impedance)

Awaiting Your Quick Reply

Many Thanks

Dish

DiSh

Back to top Go down

How to test if all electrodes MEAs are working or if the MEA is good to be used or should be discarded Empty Re: How to test if all electrodes MEAs are working or if the MEA is good to be used or should be discarded

Post  Frank MCS Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:45 am

Dear Dish,
the impedane values sound good to me, so the MEAs should be fine. It's hard to name a certain shelf livetime, as most customers use them straigth away. We guarantee 6 month, but they last much longer. I would use the principle As long as there are signals, they are OK.

Best regards Frank MCS
Frank MCS
Frank MCS

Back to top Go down