Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sofware re-installation

3 posters

Go down

Sofware re-installation Empty Sofware re-installation

Post  CCPrisco Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi
I have a very old equipment with the MEA select control version 1.0.6.0, the MC-DATA tool 2.1.1.0 version and the version 3.4.0.0 and the computer is old too a XP with 2.13 GHz and 1GB RAM. I would like to now which is the latest versions of the program that I can install on the computer, since by boss will not buy a new computer. Also, I would like to know how can I do it without connecting the computer to the internet?, since our institution has the policy that PCs for equipments can not be connected to the internet.

Thank you very much!

CCPrisco

Back to top Go down

Sofware re-installation Empty Re: Sofware re-installation

Post  Frank MCS Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:39 am

Hello,
we can't guarantee a 100% error free function of the latest software versions, but we tested it here and it worked for all the latest versions available from the website. It's mandatory that you install WinXP SP4 and all other available updates, though. The software installers from MCS are not very large, you should be able to put everything on a USB stick. However, the windows stuff will install much easier from the web. I think I don't need to point out that working with an ages old computer and OS is not the best idea.

http://www.multichannelsystems.com/downloads/software

Best regards Frank MCS

Frank MCS
Frank MCS

Back to top Go down

Sofware re-installation Empty Sofware re-installation

Post  CCPrisco Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Hello Frank!
Thank you very much for you prompt response. Yes, I know that working with an old computer is not the best idea, but I would like to use the system just to solve one question and probably the system will not be used again, so I prefer to save the 2500$ that is needed for the new computer.
I downloaded the MC_dataTool 2.6.15, MC_rack_Setup 4.6.2, MEA_Select 1.3.0 and wanted to see and tried the MC_Stimulus 2.1.5 that my computer does have it and to see if that will works as and external stimulator. But on the installation the computer says registering and at the end gives me the following error "Error 1904 Button Panel failed to register Ocx H result_2147220473" and did I try to open the programs and it says "button panel Ocx is not registedred please reinstall Mc_data tool" o Mea_Select or the program that I am trying to open. So I thought that I needed to be connected to the internet in order to re-intall the programs. The IT people of the institute came to help me out and told me that she does not know what register Ocx means, not very helpful but she does not about biological software either.

Thank you very much!

CCPrisco

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans MCS Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:41 am

Hello

sorry for the delayed answer but it was holiday time Very Happy
I don't know yet why the registration would fail, but you could try:
- uninstall the software (MC_Rack and MEA_Select)
- after that, check the directory c:\Program Files\Common Files\Multi Channel Systems\
and delete all *.ocx files (you might need Administrator rights to do that)
- reinstall the software

If this does not help, you could try to register the ocx manually (you need Administrator rights)
- open a command prompt window (DOS box) with Administrator rights
- navigate to c:\Program Files\Common Files\Multi Channel Systems\
- type: regsvr32 Buttonpanelocx.ocx

then try to run the software again

best
Hans

Hans MCS

Back to top Go down

Post  CCPrisco Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Hello
I hope you did enjoy your vacations!
Thank you very much for the help! I will try what you told me and I will keep you posted

Thank again

Claudia

CCPrisco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum