default channel capacity and signal memory for stg4004

Go down

default channel capacity and signal memory for stg4004

Post  JimHokanson on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:08 am

I'm trying to stimulate with a signal using the STG4004. I had written some code that I thought would work, but it doesn't, so I'm taking a step back to the examples.

Here's some Matlab code, in which I've added more elements to the waveform. This code does not work without increasing the channel capacity.

Code:

%Original entries, I've added more values
%Amplitude = int32([+2000000 -2000000]);  % Amplitude in uV
%Duration = uint64([100000 100000]);  % Duration in us

Amplitude = int32([+2000000 0 -3000000  -2000000 2000000]);  % Amplitude in uV
Duration = uint64([1e5 1e5 1e6 1e5 1e5]);  % Duration in us

AmplitudeNet = NET.convertArray(Amplitude, 'System.Int32');
DurationNet  = NET.convertArray(Duration, 'System.UInt64');

device.PrepareAndSendData(0, AmplitudeNet, DurationNet, Mcs.Usb.STG_DestinationEnumNet.channeldata_voltage);
device.SendStart(1);

The initial demo works fine, but adding on a zero amplitude element, it failed. I believe that shortening the first two pulses however made it work. After some testing, I came to the conclusion that the capacity was too low. Unfortunately a query of the capacity does not work (something I'm working on fixing). However, I am curious as to:

1) Is it expected that a capacity overflow throws no errors?
2) How does a signal relate to memory usage? My minimal testing here suggests that it might be related to signal duration, rather than the # of amplitude and duration elements.

Thanks,
Jim

JimHokanson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: default channel capacity and signal memory for stg4004

Post  JimHokanson on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:05 am

Apparently, "on reset, the STG has one segment containing all available memory" (See SendSegmentDefine). I'm not entirely sure how my system got to the point where it wasn't working. I think I may have run into an issue because I had used the GUI before, and I think the GUI shrinks the memory to what is needed ...

JimHokanson

View user profile

Back to top Go down