Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MC data tool refuses to do anything I want

Go down

MC data tool refuses to do anything I want Empty MC data tool refuses to do anything I want

Post  mcs Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi Smile

i ´ve got a serious software prob. i recorded the spike rate and the spikes on all 60 channels. when i load the resulting mcd-file into mc-data-tool it nicely shows all parameters on the main window like this:

x:\myfolder\myfile.mcd
unknown layout
continuous recording
recording started on
sample rate was 25000 hz
file contains 2 data streams
*parameter 1 with 60 channels
*spikes 1with 60 channels
mc_rack software version was 3.2.1.0

looks good but thats it...

all options in tools menu are grey (= not available)and also the txt-, bin- and abf- "convert-to" buttons.... so i am stuck at that point

actually its the same with all mcd-files i got (with older mcrack versions and only parameters recorded)

i already tried to register that mcstream.dll manually of mc-data-tool (though mc-rack is installed >> didn´t work so i switched to the mc-rack one again)

any help would be nice

thx8)

mcs

Back to top Go down

MC data tool refuses to do anything I want Empty Re: MC data tool refuses to do anything I want

Post  mcs Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:32 pm

Dear Christofer

The current version of MC_DataTool can not extract spike data from mcd files. Therefore, the toolbar icons are deselected.
The new version of MC_Data Tool can extract spikes to ASCII files. It will be released soon. If you need the spike extraction badly, please contact us directly (service@multichannelsystems.com), so we can send you the new version.

best wishes Dieter

mcs

Back to top Go down

MC data tool refuses to do anything I want Empty Re: MC data tool refuses to do anything I want

thx Cool but i think i will wait till the next release.

but not only with the spike data there is that prob. i even have it with parameter-only-mcds (spikerate, 1 stream, 60 channels, no spikes or raw data). is that a general prob or some kind of bug ( or is it just me Very Happy )?

greetz

christopher

mcs

Back to top Go down

Hello

Up to now parameter streams can not be extracted with the MC_DataTool, because parameters, like spike rates, can be exported to ASCII files using the MC_Rack parameter display. Furthermore, using the parameter display you can take a picture of the graph.
I hope this helps.

Best Wishes Dieter Patzwahl

mcs

Back to top Go down

Post  mcs Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:33 pm

i hoped that tool could increase the read-out speed, cause doing a replay with the mcrack can take hours even if set on fast (and makes the machine horribly unstable causing lots of crashes and reboots).
A proper extraction tool or a plain read-out feature for the mcrack would be nice (i dont know who could need the replay-function anyway).

does anybody of the community know a tool that could handle mcd-data in that way?

anyways thanks for your help dieter

Cool christopher

mcs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down