Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there not questions about the Roboocyte

Go down

Are there not questions about the Roboocyte Empty Are there not questions about the Roboocyte

Post  mcs Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:25 am

Are there not questions about the Roboocyte?

mcs

Back to top Go down

Are there not questions about the Roboocyte Empty Re: Are there not questions about the Roboocyte

Post  mcs Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:37 am

Hi,
I have not enough pressure in the line of the compressed air in my lab. So I will connect a compressed air bottle to the roboocyte. I would like to know if the air is continously delivered when the device is turned on, or it is only used during the movement of the carrier.

I'm just setting the device, and I think many other questions will follow

bye!!

mcs

Back to top Go down

Are there not questions about the Roboocyte Empty Re: Are there not questions about the Roboocyte

When the Roboocyte is running it will demand air pretty much most of the time. We run ours with a small compressor (Jun-Air - http://www.jun-air.co.uk). Put an oil filter in as well as the water filter and make sure that the compressor is big enough - both in terms of cfm (more than 2) and receiver tank size (as big as you can fit in but certainly over 10-15 litres will stop the compressor from running continually). We use a 6 series motor which is just about OK (chosen because it needs to be transported about in the back of my car for demos and its pretty quiet), but for long term reliability its probably best to go for a size larger. They do an oilless version as well but we haven't tried it, so can't really comment.

mcs

Back to top Go down

Nick,
Thank you for the reply about the air supply. I think the compressor is the best solution. We are now checking which model could be the most suitable for us.
Is it possible to know roughly how many litres / minutes does the roboocyte use when it' running? I cannot find out from the manual the detailed technical information of the device
ciao

mcs

Back to top Go down

Post  mcs Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:38 am

We have been testing an Jun-Air-compressor here at MCS.
It´s model OF302-15B:
oil-less, low noise level (68 dB/A)
displacement 108 l/min
powder-coated air receiver, tank size 15 l
pressure reducer without filter
with 0,01 µm filter with automatic drain
with drain bottle for collection of condensate
with membrane dryer
with spiral cooler
with 6 mm OD fitting

The system works very well with the roboocyte.
I hope this helps you to solve your problems.
Best regards

Siegfried

mcs

Back to top Go down

Post  mcs Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:38 am

Siegfried,

thank you for your advice about the compressor.
I have one more question: you wrote us about a membrane dryer, a spiral cooler, a filter for automatic air and so on, do we have to order them separately or are they already included?
Thank you very much.

Elena

mcs

Back to top Go down

Post  mcs Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:39 am

Dear Elena,

the compressor itself is always the same, but there is no international standard, how the whole system is configured.
Please contact your local Jun-Air distributor how he handels the system-configuration with the mentioned additional parts.

Regards

Siegfried

mcs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down