Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Software commanded by Command-line

3 posters

Go down

Software commanded by Command-line  Empty Software commanded by Command-line

Post  Rocco Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Dear MCS,

I'm trying to control either MC_stimulus II and MEA_Select by command line in Windows.

MEA_Select: I've noticed the existence of ProgMEA1060 for the MEA_Select software, but when I try to compile it tells the file "CmdLine.h" as well as the file "CmdLine.cpp" does not exist. And indeed that's the truth: I can't find those files anywhere in MCS directory.

MC_Stimulus: I haven't found any interface that would help me by command line. The only thing that I would actually need is to provide the signal of start. In my system the trigger signals is generated by the same stimulator.

The goal would be to automatically change electrode of stimulation AND give the start to the stimulation. How can I do?

Thanks!
Rocco

Rocco

Back to top Go down

Software commanded by Command-line  Empty Re: Software commanded by Command-line

Post  Frank MCS Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:46 am

Dear Rocco,
a single TTL delivered to the STG and the BC amplifier simultaneously can do that, if the List mode of MEA-Select is used (see manual). Could you describe a bit more in detail what you want to do? You might also use the e-mail support (support@multichannelsystems.com), if you want to send some sheme of the setup maybe.

Frank MCS
Frank MCS
Frank MCS

Back to top Go down

Software commanded by Command-line  Empty Re: Software commanded by Command-line

Post  Rocco Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Dear Frank,

thanks for your reply.
Indeed I knew the use of List Mode, but I wanted something more flexible (there's a limit of 50 configuration and the electrodes are 60).

I would like to synchronize the stimulation of many electrodes with a particular pattern of stimulation, and for every stimulation be able to
1_ set the stimulated electrode,
2_ set the pattern of stimulation,
3_ record by MC_Rack with a different file name for each electrode.
Quite strange, but for me important.

I would like to create a script that controls the whole process. I know that in MC_Rack I have the possibility to control it by command line specifying the file name where it records; in MEA_Select there is this ProgMEA1060, by it seems I can't compile it because some files are missing (see my previous message). In MC_stimulus 2, I couldn't find any command line program that I can use. If there's no way I can control them by command line, is there any easy way to control the three together?

Thank you so much!
Rocco

Rocco

Back to top Go down

Post  Jens Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:15 pm

Dear Rocco,

our software cannot be used from the command line. MC_Rack and MC_Stimulus can only load their definition files.

Some users use a recorder that allows to repeat mouse actions to automate there experiments.

Best Jens

Jens

http://www.multichannelsystems.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down