Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how can i know the parameters for detecting spikes by waveform.

2 posters

Go down

how can i know the parameters for detecting spikes by waveform. Empty how can i know the parameters for detecting spikes by waveform.

Post  adamyuan Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:50 pm

hello, everyone,

i don't know how to define the " the minimum amplitude (in µV), and the minimum and maximum slope (in µV/µs) ", from where can i get these parameters for a signal?

how can i know the parameters for detecting spikes by waveform. Unbena15

thank you for your answers

Aadam Yuan

adamyuan

Back to top Go down

how can i know the parameters for detecting spikes by waveform. Empty Re: how can i know the parameters for detecting spikes by waveform.

Post  Frank MCS Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:38 am

Dear Adam,
the parameters obviously depend on what you want to detect. Just look at a typical signal, determine the amplitude and slope of it, and think about which variation from these values you are willing to accept, and you are there.

Best regards Frank MCS
Frank MCS
Frank MCS

Back to top Go down

how can i know the parameters for detecting spikes by waveform. Empty Re: how can i know the parameters for detecting spikes by waveform.

Post  adamyuan Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:22 am

Frank MCS wrote:Dear Adam,
the parameters obviously depend on what you want to detect. Just look at a typical signal, determine the amplitude and slope of it, and think about which variation from these values you are willing to accept, and you are there.

Best regards Frank MCS

Dear Frank,

are the signs for the minimum amplitude(peak amplitude?) always negative, and the min max slope are positive, i mean when i set these parameters.

or it depends on the reference point that you choose?

i ask this because in the picture of "4.13 Spike Sorter" from MC_Rack Manual, the amplitude seems to be the peak to peak amplitude, the slope seems to be negative.

and in different tiem resolution, e.g 1000ms or 50ms in X-Axis, the slope changed accordingly, what should i do?

Best regards

Adam

adamyuan

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank MCS Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:33 am

Dear Adam,
the amplitude determines the direction of the signal, the slope is an absolute value. Signals that are in the defined slope range for the amplitude defined in dV are detected.
The slope of a signal of course does not change with the scaling of the x-achsis, only the display of it. In the latest MC_Rack versions (4.3.0 and up) the x and y value of the position of the mouse pointer is continuously displayed. With this you can determine the beginning and the end of the signal and calculate the slope as dV/dT.

Best regards Frank Hofmann
Frank MCS
Frank MCS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down