Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

files formats

2 posters

Go down

files formats   Empty files formats

Post  Kharkovskaia Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:09 pm

Hello!

Please tell me if this is possible, what format files with the extension <.mcd> and <.c2d>?

another question: is it possible to change the frequency of data recording to reduce the file size?

thanks in advance

Kharkovskaia

Back to top Go down

files formats   Empty File Format

Post  Thomas Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:07 am

Dar Kharkovskaia,

*.mcd is the format of data files recorded by MC_Rack software.
*.c2d is the data format reciorded by Cardio2D software.

For *.mcd files the option of Downsampling exists. You will find this function in the Filter menu.
Please have a look at the MC_Rack manual under "Downsampling"

http://www.multichannelsystems.com/sites/multichannelsystems.com/files/documents/manuals/MC_Rack_Manual.pdf

Page 140ff

Greetings Thomas

Thomas

Back to top Go down

files formats   Empty Re: files formats

Post  Kharkovskaia Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:01 pm

Thank you!

So, am i right, that I can change frequency of recording by using only McRack, but in the Cardio2D I can't do this?

We are trying to do some custom postprocessing of our experimental data obtaied with Cardio2D. In order to do this we need an access to the raw experiment data. Basically, the numbers from the electrodes and the time. I've looked into the c2d file and it has quite complicated structure. The are some kind of frames that have the following header:
FPosPrev=162350
FPosPrevID=-1
FPosNext=171050
FPosNextID=445100
TimeStamp=0
<BinaryData>

And then binary data goes. Could u plz advice how to read the data in such a way so that I would end up with just binary values of the kind
<time0,V1,V2,...,V64>
<time1,V1,V2,...,V64>
<time_last,V1,V2,...,V64>

I know that we can export this data into .dat format but it is way too large (since it is text) and slow in processing.

Thanks for your help!

Kharkovskaia

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:43 am

Dear Dr. Kharkovskaia,

your assumption is correct. Downsampling is possible in MC Rack - however not in Cardio2D. You can however set the sampling rate to your required value at the initiation of the experiment.

Together with the C2D file there are C2S and C2R files generated. You should be able to access the C2R file with any XML editor. Here you will find all results (Timestamps, amplitudes, FP durations etc).
Filestructure is pretty straightforward.

Greetings

Thomas

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down