Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

W2100 wireless LFP recording: Headstage stability

2 posters

Go down

W2100 wireless LFP recording: Headstage stability Empty W2100 wireless LFP recording: Headstage stability

Post  Chamaeleon Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:32 am

Hi all,

I'm using the W2100 wireless system with single antenna

In some animals the stability of the headstage is very weak: just after few minutes the headstage is very shaky.
Do you thins that's due to the connection with the pins? Shoul I try to bent jus a bit the outer pins to make the positioning of the headstage more difficult and so more stable?
Do you have any other advice?

Thanks for helping

Chamaeleon

Back to top Go down

W2100 wireless LFP recording: Headstage stability Empty Re: W2100 wireless LFP recording: Headstage stability

Post  Frank MCS Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi,
if you do that, I'd first give it a try with a pin row, before you actually do something to the Headstage connector. You could also try to stabilize the connection with Blu-Tack or soething similar : http://www.amazon.de/Bostik-Blu-Tack-801103-Klebemasse-ungiftig/dp/B000TAUQTG.

Cheers Frank MCS
Frank MCS
Frank MCS

Back to top Go down

W2100 wireless LFP recording: Headstage stability Empty Re: W2100 wireless LFP recording: Headstage stability

Post  Chamaeleon Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Thanks Frank, I'll give it a try.
Let me see if I understood correctly: you mean to put the blue-tack around the black headstage edge and the pins support (and so trying to keep the two parts together/strengthening and stabilizing the connection)?

Chamaeleon

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank MCS Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:18 pm

Yes, that was my idea. I have no practical experience, though, it's just an idea. Just less irreversible then bending pins...

Frank
Frank MCS
Frank MCS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down