Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transients in the MEA recoring even with blanking circuit

Go down

Transients in the MEA recoring even with blanking circuit Empty Transients in the MEA recoring even with blanking circuit

Post  mcs Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:06 am

Hello I am getting stimulus artifacts in the MEA recording even with blanking circuit on.
My Syncronous output pulse is longer than the stimulus pulse as recommended by multichannel systems.
Please suggest possible solutions.

mcs

Back to top Go down

Transients in the MEA recoring even with blanking circuit Empty Re: Transients in the MEA recoring even with blanking circuit

Post  mcs Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:07 am

Dear Elakkat,

the function of the blanking circuit is based on uncoupling the electrodes from the amplifier for the time of the stimulation. If, however, the electrode is still charged after being reconnected to the amplifier you will observe a stimulus artifact even so blanking is activated. You can reduce this effect by adjusting "wait" time in the MEA Select program. However, I think it is more effective to try to optimize your stimulation parameters.

Some essential points :
Are you stimulating with volatge or current ? - we recommend voltage
Can you reduce the stimulus amplitude ?
Can you increase electrode spacing ?

As the setup in an in-vivo system is very complex and as the electrodes can be of very different kinds, it is not as easy for us to find the limitations of the electrodes as it is in the MEA systems. However I hope with adjusting some of the abovementioned parameters you will be able to improve your results

Greetings

Thomas

mcs

Back to top Go down

Transients in the MEA recoring even with blanking circuit Empty Re: Transients in the MEA recoring even with blanking circuit

Post  mcs Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks for the response.
But I had made a mistake in submission. Ours is a in vitro system with recordings from cultures. Do U think voltage will be the better option in culture system also?
We have tried with quiet high wait periods,but that did not help.

mcs

Back to top Go down

Post  mcs Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:08 am

Dear Elakkat,

I am very confident, that changing to voltage stimulation should solve the problem. If you are working with 200/30 standard MEAs it should be fine for biphasic voltage pulses of up to 3V

Greetings

Thomas

mcs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down