Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different softwares for analyzing MEA data recorded from cardiomyocytes?

3 posters

Go down

Different softwares for analyzing MEA data recorded from cardiomyocytes? Empty Different softwares for analyzing MEA data recorded from cardiomyocytes?

Post  villekuj Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:09 am

Hi all,

I'm working with cardiomyocytes and I've got a question related to analyzing the MEA data from these cultures; are there any useful softwares for this task, other than the Multichannel System's own? I'm aware of the MEA tools (by U. Egert), which I haven't had a change to try out, yet. (The link on one of the previous posts did work, but the link to the software on the page did not. Link: http://material.bccn.uni-freiburg.de/research/meatools/overview.htm) Another question: do people use the NeuroExplorer software for analyzing data from cardiomyocytes a lot? I want to analyze various different parameters from the data, such as the FPmin, FPmax, FPrise, FPdur, beat-to-beat interval, Area Under the Curve etc. If you have any suggestions as to what would be a good software to do this I'd be very glad.

Thank you for your kind help.

Regards,
villekuj

Back to top Go down

Different softwares for analyzing MEA data recorded from cardiomyocytes? Empty Cardio2D & QTAnalyzer

Post  ThomasMCS Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:10 am

Dear Ville,

in addition to MC_Rack and Uli Egert's MEA_Tools we have two more options to analyze cardiac data.
Our new Cardio2D software allows you to map cardiac AP spreading and get conduction velocity, isochronous lines etc.
The QT Analyzer software is designed to analyze the shape of cardiac field potentials to study drug effects on the various channels contributing to the cardiac FP.
If you send me an e-mail with your adress I would be glad to mail you some sample data of both softwares.

Greetings

Thomas

ThomasMCS

Back to top Go down

Different softwares for analyzing MEA data recorded from cardiomyocytes? Empty Re: Different softwares for analyzing MEA data recorded from cardiomyocytes?

Post  villekuj Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi,

Thank you, Thomas. Can I analyze .mcd files recorded with MC_Rack with the QT-analyzer or do I need to convert the data into another format? The QT-analyzer would need to have the QT-Screen raw data (.qtd) perhaps? And how about the Cardio-2D; how can I analyze my .mcd files with this software? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
villekuj

Back to top Go down

Different softwares for analyzing MEA data recorded from cardiomyocytes? Empty Re: Different softwares for analyzing MEA data recorded from cardiomyocytes?

Post  Frank MCS Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:20 am

Dear Ville,
Thomas is out of office at the moment. Unfortunately you are right, these programs work with their own data format only. Currently, there is also no conversion available.

Regards Frank
Frank MCS
Frank MCS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down