Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read .raw binary files (created w MCDataTool) into Matl

Go down

Read .raw binary files (created w MCDataTool) into Matl Empty Read .raw binary files (created w MCDataTool) into Matl

Post  mcs Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Dear MCS Software Team,

I wish to import mcd data into matlab on a channel by channel basis (rather than all channels for small time windows). I thus used the mc data tool to convert an mcd file into 60 binary files (*.raw), every time selecting just ONE channel. I thereby did not include a header.

Now, I have the problem to properly read the created binary file.raw into matlab, using fread. The precision arguments 'bit16', 'ubit16', 'int16' or 'uint16' all seem to give the correct length (ie number of data points), but I would need to know how exactly to set all (other) arguments using in fread,

A = fread(fid, count, precision, skip, machineformat)

Or maybe you have an alternative solution to the above stated problem.

Looking forward to hearing from you, Thomas

mcs

Back to top Go down

Read .raw binary files (created w MCDataTool) into Matl Empty Re: Read .raw binary files (created w MCDataTool) into Matl

Post  mcs Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Dear t_peterma,

we recommend an alternative solution for your problem. Open the mcd file (with all channels) in the replayer of MC_Rack. Then select one channel at a time in the recorder and re-record the data. You will get one mcd file for each channel. You can read these mcd files with our matlab functions. You find the functions in the subdirectory MCStreamSupport\Matlab of the MC_Rack installation directory.

Kind regards,

Gerald

mcs

Back to top Go down