Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Synching time in MATLAB and MC_Rack recordings

2 posters

Go down

Synching time in MATLAB and MC_Rack recordings Empty Synching time in MATLAB and MC_Rack recordings

Post  YRZ Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:29 pm

I am generating a visual stimulus in MATLAB and would like to sync the onset and offset of certain frames in the stimulus with my MEA recordings. Currently both the stimulus generation and MEA recording is performed on the same computer. Is there a way of doing this easily without having to send an additional output to the array?

YRZ

Back to top Go down

Synching time in MATLAB and MC_Rack recordings Empty Re: Synching time in MATLAB and MC_Rack recordings

Post  ThomasMCS Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:22 am

Dear YRZ,

neither MC_Stimulus, nor MC_Rack can accept inputs on a software level. A critical point to consider is that windows based times are not precise. Usually we suggest to use a STG as a Master and send out trigger pulses to PC and MEA to control the experiment. By this way aou have highest time precision and reliability.

If you are running short of BNC connectors as DigIn / Out at the DAQ we have a Di/o box enabling access to each of the 16 bits of the digital channel separately.

Our USB DAQ systems even have an integrated DSP to enable realtime feedback.

Admittedly these are all just workarounds, but I hope it helps to get your experiments done...

Greetings

Thomas

ThomasMCS

Back to top Go down