Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

power ground=signal ground?

3 posters

Go down

power ground=signal ground? Empty power ground=signal ground?

Post  holly87 Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:39 am

Hi,
I am using a MEA with internal reference (electrode 15). I would like to know if electrode 15 is physically connected to the power ground INSIDE the MEA-1060 amplifier or later in the electronic chain? I mean, pin 1 of the MCS 68-pin cable (i.e. the power ground coming from the power supply) and pin 2 (i.e. the signal ground, taken from electrode 15, as I suppose) carry the same voltage signal?

thank you very much

Giulia

holly87

Back to top Go down

power ground=signal ground? Empty Re: power ground=signal ground?

Post  adamyuan Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 am

giulia wrote:Hi,
I am using a MEA with internal reference (electrode 15). I would like to know if electrode 15 is physically connected to the power ground INSIDE the MEA-1060 amplifier or later in the electronic chain? I mean, pin 1 of the MCS 68-pin cable (i.e. the power ground coming from the power supply) and pin 2 (i.e. the signal ground, taken from electrode 15, as I suppose) carry the same voltage signal?

thank you very much

Giulia

Hey, Giulia,

about electrode 15 i think you have to groud it by yourself, it is connected to the ground of MEA1060, see the pic2
power ground=signal ground? Unbena13
power ground=signal ground? Unbena14.
i don't understand why do you want to know about the 68-pin cable. but i think they don't have the same voltage, otherwise there will be no information between the MEA and Computer. my answer have no guarantee, Smile but i hope i can help you a little.

Adam

adamyuan

Back to top Go down

Post  holly87 Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Thank you Adam

So, 15 and GND (GND of the MEA1060 amplifier) are connected, i.e. they have the same voltage..

I don't understand why do you want to know about the 68-pin cable.

It's for my clarity Razz

but i think they don't have the same voltage
If 15 goes to pin 2 (named as signal ground) and GND (GND of the MEA1060 amplifier, that is named as power ground) comes from pin 1, and 15 and GND are physically connected near the MEA, I deduce that pin 1 and pin 2 carry the same voltage... am I wrong? Embarassed

holly87

Back to top Go down

Post  adamyuan Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:23 pm

yes, you are right, when they all are grunded, then voltage is 0, no doubt, i think.

adamyuan

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard2014 Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Is there more information available about the pyhsical and eletrotechnical details of the standard-MEA? I don't found "deeper" informations about that in the document-sheets that can be downloaded here.

I don't want to know that things because of a clear purpose.
It's just, that I would like to understand the used techniques in detail.

Or are there any "early works" published, on the MEA-system, that support the physical basis of the signals measured and so on, that I'm not aware of?

Richard2014

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard2014 Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:33 am

Edit: I found this paper rather interesting and it cleared many of my questions (as a beginner, now starting to work with the MEA-system):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24137127

Richard2014

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down