Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way to convert *.mcd to *.nev (Neutral EVent format)?

Go down

Way to convert *.mcd to *.nev (Neutral EVent format)? Empty Way to convert *.mcd to *.nev (Neutral EVent format)?

Post  mcs Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:36 am

I am looking for some help in file conversion. I need to convert MC_Rack *.mcd files into Neural Event Format (*.nev) files.

I saved spike waveforms (4 ms total for each waveform, recorded at 50 kHz) into some of the *.mcd files and continuous traces (at 20 kHz ) into others.

Is there an easy way to do this? Do you know of any tools that can do this? MC_DataTools will create ASCII files, but I do not know of another software tool that will take ASCII and produce *.nev.

This would be very helpful so that I can use some analysis software that works with *.nev but cannot read *.mcd files.

Thank you,
Rene’ Renteria
Dept. Physiology
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio

mcs

Back to top Go down

Way to convert *.mcd to *.nev (Neutral EVent format)? Empty Re: Way to convert *.mcd to *.nev (Neutral EVent format)?

Post  mcs Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:37 am

>I am looking for some help in file conversion. I need to
>convert MC_Rack *.mcd files into Neural Event Format (*.nev)
>files.
>

What is the program you use to read the *.nev format?

Hans Loeffler

mcs

Back to top Go down

Way to convert *.mcd to *.nev (Neutral EVent format)? Empty Re: Way to convert *.mcd to *.nev (Neutral EVent format)?

Post  mcs Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:38 am

I found this program, the "NEV Toolkit", which will read ASCII (of a certain format) and output *.nev (as well as do some sorting and showing of data). Here's a link to it (hasn't been updated in several years now that I can tell):

http://nev2lkit.sourceforge.net/

So I could export *.mcd to ASCII using MC_DataTool; read the ASCII lines to convert the file to a new ASCII file with a format the NEV Toolkit can read; then use the toolkit to output a *.nev file with my data. I should be able to read *.nev with Plexon's OfflineSorter to see how the data file looks compared to the original *.mcd version to make sure the conversion worked correctly. Although inefficient, this should work, assuming everything behaves as advertised.

I will try to write a macro using Igor Pro to do the ASCII conversion because I am familiar with the software (but am certainly no programmer).

Best,
Rene'

mcs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down