Welcome to our user forum (read only mode).
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why no drop down selection for units for Trigger Detection Level?

2 posters

Go down

Why no drop down selection for units for Trigger Detection Level? Empty Why no drop down selection for units for Trigger Detection Level?

Post  rrenteri Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:09 pm

Dear MCS:

Why is the Trigger Detector Level locked at microV with a maximum input value of 10,000 (which is 10 mV)?

I want to use A2 as a Trigger. My A2 signal is almost full-scale (+500mV), and the noise in it is on the order of 10 mV. This means I cannot set the level value to detect it because noise is enough to cause trigger detection.

A solution would be to set the detection Level to 200 mV (for example). But I can't do that because the unit is locked at microV. Didn't much earlier versions of MC_Rack have a drop down menu here with several choices? Can that be added back to the Trigger Detector?

Thank you!

rrenteri

Back to top Go down

Why no drop down selection for units for Trigger Detection Level? Empty Why no drop down selection for units for Trigger Detection Level?

Post  Hans MCS Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:23 am

rrenteri wrote:Dear MCS:

Why is the Trigger Detector Level locked at microV with a maximum input value of 10,000 (which is 10 mV)?
I want to use A2 as a Trigger. My A2 signal is almost full-scale (+500mV), and the noise in it is on the order of 10 mV. This means I cannot set the level value to detect it because noise is enough to cause trigger detection.

A solution would be to set the detection Level to 200 mV (for example). But I can't do that because the unit is locked at microV. Didn't much earlier versions of MC_Rack have a drop down menu here with several choices? Can that be added back to the Trigger Detector?

if you use an "Analog Raw Data" channel as the trigger input, the unit should automatically switch to mV, so that larger levels are possible. Which version of MC_Rack do you have?

Hans MCS

Back to top Go down

Why no drop down selection for units for Trigger Detection Level? Empty Re: Why no drop down selection for units for Trigger Detection Level?

Post  rrenteri Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:48 pm

We use MC_Rack 3.5.10 on the WinXP PC that shipped with our MEA1060 system.

When I choose "Analog Raw Data" as the Trigger Detector input, the units are microV in our MC_Rack software.

Thank you for looking into this!

rrenteri

Back to top Go down

Why no drop down selection for units for Trigger Detection Level? Empty Re: Why no drop down selection for units for Trigger Detection Level?

Post  Hans MCS Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:50 pm

rrenteri wrote:We use MC_Rack 3.5.10 on the WinXP PC that shipped with our MEA1060 system.

When I choose "Analog Raw Data" as the Trigger Detector input, the units are microV in our MC_Rack software.

We cannot reproduce this behavior here. What kind of channel layout do you use? Could you please send screen shots of the "Hardware", "Info" and "Trigger" tab pages?

Hans

Hans MCS

Back to top Go down

Post  rrenteri Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Do you get a drop down selector for detection level units in the Trigger Detector (Trigger tab with Channel selected as A1)? I do not.

The units for the detection level in the Trigger Detector will be uV (microV) if the "Input Voltage Range..." in the Hardware tab of MC_Card is selected to be +/- 2V or below.

The units change to mV if the input V range is set to +/- 4V. There is no drop down selector for the units in the Trigger Detector in either case.

I am using +/- 0.8V, so my Trigger Detector shows uV without a drop down selector.

Is this different than how it behaves for you?

The MC_Card Info tab indicates a channel layout of 64 channels (60 Eelctrode Raw, 3 Analog, and a Digital channel). This is for an MEA1060 system.

Thank you!

[Edit: I can't get Servimg.com to upload my screenshots.]

rrenteri

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans MCS Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:23 am

Thanks for the detailed description
I see the problem now. This is a bug in MC_Rack (it works with old 12 bit cards) and we will fix it in the next release (due in a few weeks)

Hans MCS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down